(1) If during the validity period of the Certificate, any complaint is lodged to AEDB against a certified installer about breach of these regulations, the matter will be referred to NEPRA for further proceedings against the installer. Customers can also complain about a breach of these regulations by a certified installer directly to NEPRA.
(2) NEPRA may, as an independent arbiter, may initiate proceedings for revocation of the certificate as issued by AEDB to certified installer against a complaint/application received by NEPRA either from AEDB or directly from any of its customers regarding breach of NEPRA’s DO regulations or these regulations by a certified installer.
(3) NEPRA may add a caution notice on any database of the certified installers and communicate to AEDB that it has initiated proceedings against a certified installer that may lead to the revocation of its certificate.
(4) NEPRA through writing will provide the installer an opportunity of hearing. NEPRA being satisfied that the installer fails to justify, breach of certification regulations is established, and complaint/application of customer is genuine, issue a notice to AEDB to revoke a certificate issued to a certified installer. AEDB, upon receipt of notice from NEPRA and with the approval of the CEO AEDB, may revoke its certificate and the name of the installer may be included in a black-list.
(5) To aid assessment of NEPRA regarding any reported breach, or performance of the company, NEPRA can consider engaging a third-party auditor to carry out an independent assessment and submit its findings in the shape of a report.
(6) On revocation of a certificate: (a) the privileges set out in schedule 6 attendant to certification under these regulations shall cease forthwith and the name of certified installer whose certificate is revoked may be black-listed. (b) the bank guarantee submitted by the certified installer shall be encashed
(7) A certified installer whose certificate is revoked may apply for removal of his name from the black-list and issue of the certificate afresh after expiry of two years following the revocation of the certificate.